Cherry Wine Soup
Eileen Goltz |
- This recipe is kind of elegant and would be nice served at a dinner party before a meal that has beef as a main course.
- 1 (16 oz.) can pitted tart red cherries
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup dry red wine (this is a great use for leftover wine)
- In a 1 1/2-quart saucepan, combine the undrained cherries, water, sugar, tapioca and cloves. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove the soup from the heat and stir in the wine.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or until cold. Stir occasionally.
- You can garnish this soup with a dollop or whipped cream or non dairy whipped topping.