Cherry Streusel Lasagna
Eileen Goltz |
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- ½ cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3 Tablespoons softened butter
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- Streusel: In a bowl combine the quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats, packed brown sugar, chopped pecans, softened butter, and flour. Mix until crumbly. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease an 11x7x1-1/2” rectangular baking dish.
- Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the cream cheese and sugar. Mix medium speed about 30 seconds or until fluffy. On a low speed, beat in the milk, almond extract, and eggs and continue beating for about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the pie filling on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top the filling with 3 noodles. Pour half of the cream cheese mixture (about 1 1/2 cups) over noodles. Spread half of the remaining pie filling (about 3/4 cup) over cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers, starting with remaining 3 noodles.
- Sprinkle the top with the Streusel mixture.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 15 minutes.