Cheese Souffle (with baked potatoes and a salad—a great lunch or supper)
- 6 Tablespoons margarine
- 6 Tablespoons cake meal (or ¼ cup potato starch)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ cups milk
- 1½ cups diced American or Cheddar Cheese (6 oz.)
- 6 eggs separated
- Melt margarine in small saucepan.
- Add cake meal or starch, stirring well. Add salt and paprika.
- Add milk, stirring constantly. Cook until thick and smooth. Add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Stir egg yolks into hot mixture, one at a time.
- Pour cheese mixture into beaten egg whites, folding gently.
- Pour into greased 2-quart casserole. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.