This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Courtesy of Women's Branch of the Orthodox Union |
- 6 medium potatoes
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups (½ lb.) grated Swiss or other cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes. Put into saucepan and cover with water; add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- Drain and mash with milk and butter.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Mix egg yolks, one at a time, with mashed potatoes.
- Stir in cheese, onion powder and parsley. Fold in egg whites.
- Spoon into greased 2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes or until puffed and golden.