This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Courtesy of Women's Branch of the Orthodox Union |
- ½ lb. cream cheese
- ½ lb. cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1½ cups matzah meal
- ½ teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- Beat cream cheese and cottage cheese together until smooth.
- Add eggs, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Stir in 1 cup matzah meal and mix well.
- Form into patties and dip in remaining matzah meal on both sides.
- Fry in oil to brown on both sides.
- Serve with sour cream.