Deluxe mashed potatoes, with cream cheese, sour cream, butter, cheddar, and seasonings.
- 8 to 12 medium baking potatoes, (about 3 to 4 lbs.)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 6 to 8 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ to 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in enough water to cover for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Drain off liquid.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, butter, garlic powder, and pepper. Beat the mixture with an electric mixer till fluffy.
- Turn mixture into a buttered 2-quart casserole or baking dish. Top with the shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake in 350°F oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer.