Eileen Goltz |
- ￼￼3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese, drained
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup oil for frying
- Sour cream, applesauce, or maple syrup (optional)
- Place all the ingredients except oil together in a large bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a skillet.
- Using a large spoon, drop the batter into hot oil. Fry 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Continue until batter is used up, adding oil when necessary.
- The latkes may be served topped with sour cream, applesauce, or maple syrup.