Cheese & Broccoli Soup
Modified from the Kraft Website |
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2½ cups milk
- ¾ lb. processed cheese, cut up
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped broccoli
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Thaw and drain broccoli; set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add flour; cook 1 minute or until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Stir in milk. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook until processed cheese is melted and soup is heated through, stirring occasionally.