These delicious mushrooms taste just like restaurant-style stuffed mushrooms and are my guy’s absolute favorite.
- 12 whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
- When the garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick.
- Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing.
- Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.