This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Cashew Baked Apples
Eileen Goltz |
Pareve or Dairy
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the top off the apples to make a flat surface. Cut a strip of peel around the apple right next to the cut surface.
- Cut the core out of the apples, making sure to leave the skin at the bottom intact.
- In small bowl combine remaining ingredients except water and lemon juice. Stuff apples with mixture. Mound any remaining mixture on top of the apples.
- Place in shallow baking dish; pour 1/3 cup water and lemon juice around apples.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes until apples are tender.
- Let apples cool for 15 minutes before serving.,