Cashew and Raisin Biscotti
Eileen Goltz |
- 1⅔ cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground mace
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup chopped dry-roasted cashews
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, baking soda and mace.
- In an electric mixing bowl combine the sugar, vanilla, and eggs and beat, at medium speed until thick. Stir in the flour mixture, cashews, and raisins.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 7 or 8 times.
- Shape the dough into a 12-inch roll. Place the roll on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, and pat to 1-inch thickness.
- Bake at 300°F for 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Cut roll diagonally into 24 (1/2-inch) slices; stand the slices upright on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes (the cookies will be slightly soft in center but will harden as they cool).
- Remove from baking sheet; cool completely on wire rack.