- 2½ cups carrots
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup matzah farfel
- 2 Tablespoons finely-chopped onion
- 2 egg whites
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot of boiling water cook the carrots until soft.
- Mash the carrots and season with salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a bowl combine the cooked carrots, egg yolks, milk, farfel and onions. Mix to combine and add salt and pepper to taste.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the egg whites until they are stiff and then fold them lightly into the carrot mixture.
- Turn into prepared casserole dish and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted comes out clean.
Serve immediately. This recipe can be doubled or tripled.