- 8 oz. apricots, dried
- 12 oz. apricot nectar*
- 1 lb. tiny carrots, whole
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed down
- ½ cup almonds, slivered or chopped
- Margarine or butter
- Soak apricots in apricot nectar for several hours or until softened.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a greased 2-quart casserole, arrange, in layers, half the carrots and half the soaked apricots.
- Dot with margarine and half of the sugar.
- Repeat these 3 layers and sprinkle with the almonds.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
*NOTE: sometimes it is hard to find kosher for Passover apricot nectar. If you can’t, soak the apricots in water (just enough to keep covered) for at least 24 hours. You will have to add water every so often. Then substitute this water for the nectar in the recipe.