- 2 cups firmly-packed shredded apple
- 2 cups firmly-packed shredded carrots
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream or mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the shredded apples, carrots and raisins (if using) together.
- In another bowl whisk together the lemon juice, sour cream or mayonnaise, vanilla and honey.
- Pour the dressing over the apple carrot salad and toss well.