This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Carrot and Potato Kugel
Eileen Goltz |
Pareve or Meat
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 3 onions
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 5 cups grated baking potatoes (about 4 large)
- 1½ cups grated carrots
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- Thinly slice onions. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onions and thyme, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix together potatoes, carrots and onion mixture.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, stock, salt and pepper.
- Add to potato mixture to the egg mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour. Top should be golden and crispy.
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.