This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Caribbean Rum Punch
Eileen Goltz |
- Recipe submitted by Richard Nusbam Rock Island IL.
- You can leave out the rum for a non-alcoholic punch if you wish (remember more rum=more Fun).
- 6 oz. sugar
- 6 fl. oz. boiling water
- Juice of 4 limes and 4 lemons
- 1½ cup pureed mango
- ⅔ cup strawberry puree (optional)
- 8 to 10 oz. white rum
- 1 liter (1¾ pints) tropical fruit juice
- 1 liter (1¾ pints) lemonade or sparkling mineral water
- Plenty of ice
- Quartered lime and orange slices to decorate
- Stir the sugar and boiling water together until the sugar has dissolved. Let it cool.
- Mix the sugar syrup with the lime juice, lemon juice, mango, strawberry puree (if using), and rum (if using) and stir together until well mixed.
This can be set aside and chilled until just before you are ready to serve.
- Stir in the fruit juice and lemonade.
- Serve over ice cubes, decorated with lime and orange slices.