- 6 to 8 medium apples
- ½ cup raisins
- 3 Tablespoons matzah cake meal
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash apples. Core, then peel one narrow strip from around top edge.
- Place apples in a deep baking dish. Fill centers with raisins.
- Combine cake meal, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over the apples. Pour water and orange juice over apples.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour, basting occasionally.
Optional: Serve with cream or ice cream.