This is a great pareve dessert (you can add ice cream or frozen yogurt) but by adding regular yogurt it makes a great breakfast.
- ¼ cup finely chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter or margarine; softened, divided
- 2 large (about 8 oz. each) firm ripe pears
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Optional: Vanilla yogurt or frozen vanilla yogurt
- Combine apricots and pecans in small bowl. Add 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine; use a fork to combine. Set aside.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise. Using a melon baller or small spoon, remove core from each pear half, leaving a 1-1/2-inch diameter hole. Cut a thin slice from bottom of each to make a steady base.
- Place pears with narrow ends towards center in 9-inch square microwave-safe baking dish. Fill each pear with apricot mixture; set aside.
- Place maple syrup and remaining 3 Tablespoons butter in 2-cup microwave-safe glass measuring cup.
- Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir to combine. Pour over pears; cover loosely with waxed paper.
- Microwave on HIGH about 6 minutes or until pears are tender, basting pears with sauce halfway through cooking time.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with yogurt.