BEWARE the cooked syrup is very sticky and can burn. Parental supervision suggested!
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- ⅔ to 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 6 to 8 apples with sticks (skewered)
- Place wax paper on a cookie sheet and set it aside.
- Combine all ingredients except the lemon extract into a small, deep saucepan. Mix with a wooden spoon to evenly distribute the ingredients; place over medium high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
Be sure that all the ingredients come to a boil and reach about 290 to 300°F on your candy thermometer.
- Once the product has reached its set temperature, add the lemon extract and mix to combine.
- Dip the apples and place the dipped apples on the prepared cookie sheet.