While you can make this pareve it really does taste best dairy.
- 1 lb. brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lb. butter or margarine
- 5 large eggs
- 2 bananas
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk or non-dairy substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream the brown and white sugars with butter until very light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mash bananas and stir into the egg mixture.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Mix milk and vanilla together. Add each to the egg mixture alternately. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour the batter into a 10-inch well-greased bunt pan.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours, or until firm. Place upside down on a cake rack; when cool, invert and turn out onto rack.