This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Broiled Pineapple with Honey Ginger and Lime
Pareve or Dairy
- ½ of a ripe pineapple (peeled, quartered lengthwise into wedges, and cored)
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine cut into 8 pieces
- ½ cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat the broiler to low and set an oven rack 4 inches from the heat source.
- Slice the pineapple wedges across into ½ inch thick pieces. Spread the pineapple in a baking dish and dot with butter or margarine.
- In a small bowl, stir together the honey, lime juice and ginger and pour over the pineapple. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Broil the pineapple until tender and caramelized, about 12 minutes, basting every 3 to 4 minutes for even browning.
- Serve drizzled with the pan juices.