This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Broiled Peaches with Cookie-Crumb Topping
Eileen Goltz |
Pareve or Dairy
- 2 ripe peaches (about 1 lb.), peeled, pitted, and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon margarine or butter, cut into bits
- Approx. ¼ cup coconut or almond macaroon crumbs
- Optional: Whipping cream as an accompaniment
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a bowl toss together the peaches, the lemon juice, and 1 Tablespoon of the brown sugar.
- In a buttered flameproof baking pan large enough to hold the peaches in one layer, broil the mixture about 6 inches from the broiler's heat source for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the peaches are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 teaspoon brown sugar, butter, and macaroon crumbs. Sprinkle the topping over the peaches.
- Broil the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the topping is pale golden.
- Divide the mixture between 2 dishes and serve it with the cream.