Eileen Goltz |
- Tips for cooking a brisket with a rub:
- Rub down the brisket with a light coat of mustard first, and then apply the dry rub.
- For best results, wrap and refrigerate the brisket in foil for at least 12 hours before cooking.
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup salt
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons dried mustard
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- Mix all the ingredients in a container with a lid. Shake to combine.
- Makes enough to coat an 8 to 10 lb. brisket.