Bread Crust Zucchini Crust
Eileen Goltz |
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 large tomato
- 1½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut bread slices in half diagonally, and arrange around edge of 9-inch pie plate.
- Chop tomato and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and saute zucchini until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and oregano, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, and spoon mixture into center of the bread-lined pie plate.
- In a bowl, mix the cottage cheese, eggs, yogurt, and 1/2 the Parmesan cheese. Spoon this mixture over the vegetables in the pie plate, and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm in center.