This is wonderful spread on crackers or on apple wedges
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ⅓ cup mango chutney (available in specialty shops)
- 2 Tablespoons flaked coconut, unsweetened
- ¼ cup toasted pecans or almonds
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped scallions
- 1½ Tablespoons currants (you can also use raisins)
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar and curry and beat by hand until smooth.
- Shape into a 5 1/2 inch diameter disc, 1 inch high Chill until firm (45 minutes).
- Spread chutney on top. Sprinkle coconut, nuts, scallions and currants.