Blood Orange and Olive Salad
Eileen Goltz | Pareve
- 4 cups of romaine lettuce
- 1 bunch watercress
- ½ cup pitted, black olives, sliced in half
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 blood oranges, peeled, sectioned and cut into pieces
- 2 hard cooked eggs
- 1 blood orange (optional)
- Orange zest (optional)
- ½ oil
- Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- Wash and dry the romaine and the watercress.
- Toss in a large bowl with the olives, onions, celery and oranges. Season with black pepper to taste. Don’t add any salt until you taste the salad because the olives may be very salty.
- In a small bowl combine all the dressing ingredients and season to taste.
- Slowly pour ⅓ of the dressing over the salad. Toss to coat.
- Add more dressing as needed. Be careful not to use too much dressing.
- Pass the extra dressing with the salad.
- Garnish the top of the salad with very thin slices of a blood orange, blood orange zest and slices of hard cooked eggs.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled.