Blintz Souffle with Blueberry Sauce
Eileen Goltz |
- Tasty cheese blintzes with blueberry topping.
- This recipe can be adapted to make many more servings when needed (see instructions below).
- 1 lb. cottage cheese
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
For Blueberry Sauce:
- ⅔ cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Dash cinnamon
- Dash nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the cottage and cream cheese, butter, and sugar; mix thoroughly. Add the eggs, one at a time, and then add the lemon juice.
- In another bowl sift together the flour and baking powder. Add the cheese mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter into pan and sprinkle the top lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until edges are golden-brown and top is springy to the touch.
- Cut into squares and serve with blueberry sauce.
For Blueberry Sauce: .
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch cinnamon nutmeg and salt in a small sauce pan gradually add the water and cook over medium heat stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the blueberries and lemon juice and boil 1 more minute stirring constantly
- To serve 16, multiply all the ingredient amounts by 4 (except use 3/4 cup butter), use two 9 x 13-inch pans, and bake for 1 hour.
- Blueberry Sauce yields 2½ cups.