Black Bean Potato Latkes
Sarah Lasry for Manischewitz |
Pareve or Dairy
- 1 box Manischewitz Mini Potato Knish Mix
- 1 can black beans
- 5 cups of water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- In a small soup pot, heat beans. Drain the liquid and set aside.
- Prepare the Manischewitz Mini Potato Knish Mix according to package directions. Add the cooked black beans to the potato knish batter and mix to combine. In a large frying pan, bring vegetable oil to boil and reduce heat.
- Using your hands shape small round latke patties and add drop into the hot oil.
- Let the latkes fry until golden brown about 2-3 minutes. Remove Latkes from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.