Beets with Pineapple
Eileen Goltz |
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 to 9 oz.) can pineapple tidbits in syrup, 1 cup
- 1 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (about 16 oz.) sliced beets, drained
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in pineapple with syrup. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add butter, lemon juice, and drained sliced beets. Heat thoroughly, about 4 to 6 minutes. .
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled.