- 4 large beets, trimmed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 Tablespoon minced orange peel (orange part only)
- 2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wrap 2 beets together in foil. Repeat with remaining beets.
- Place on baking sheet and cook until tender, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool.
- Peel beets and cut each into 8 wedges.
- Combine beets and the remaining ingredients in medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until sauce is syrupy, stirring often, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve hot. Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill. Rewarm over low heat, stirring often.