Beer Quick Bread with Olives and Onions
Eileen Goltz |
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1½ cup beer
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup pitted, chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly oil a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Make a hole in the center of the flour mixture and place the egg, beer, onions, olives and pepper into the hole. Mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake in the middle of the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until a slim knife inserted in the center of the bread comes away clean.
- Remove the bread from the pan and leave to cool on a rack.