A kosher for Passover beef dish
- 2 lb. lean beef (such as stew beef) cut in 1½ inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoons pepper
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup red wine
- ½ lb. fresh mushrooms
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet and brown meat. Transfer to large greased casserole dish.
- Add onion, carrot and garlic to pan and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add onion mixture to beef; then add tomato paste, water, wine and mushrooms.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 2 ½ hours, or until meat is tender.