- ½ cup walnuts
- ¾ cup cooked rice
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 Tablespoon vegetarian bacon bits
- ½ Tablespoon barbecue sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash garlic powder
- Oil for cooking
- Process the walnuts in food processor and place them into a bowl.
- Process the rice until it is “minced” and place it in the bowl with the walnuts. Set the mixture aside.
- In a skillet sauté the onions in oil until they are tender but not browned. Add the cooked onion to the walnuts and rice in the bowl and add the vegetarian bacon bits, barbecue sauce, salt and pepper and garlic powder.
- Add enough flour to make a mixture to help form the patties. Start with a couple of tablespoons and add flour until you get the right consistency to hold things together.
- Place the patties on a cookie sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. These can be made a day ahead of time.
- Heat a couple of Tablespoons of oil in a skillet and fry the patties for several minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve on a bun with barbecue sauce and pickles.
This recipe can be doubled.