Basic Hamantashen Dough I
Eileen Goltz | Pareve
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¾ cup oil
- ¾ cup sugar (brown sugar gives it an interesting kick)
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 5 cups sifted flour
- Filling of choice
- In a bowl combine the slightly beaten eggs, oil, sugar and orange rind. Beat until mixture is fluffy and thick. Gently stir in flour. Cover and chill at least 1 1/2 hours or until firm before using…
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Divide dough into quarters. Roll out each on floured board or cloth to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into 2 1/2- or 3-inch circles and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon filling into center of each.
- Form tri-corners bringing up edges of dough almost to center and making three seams (some filling should show in center).
- Pinch seams together tightly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.