Barbeque Green Beans
Eileen Goltz |
- 2 to 4 slices kosher breakfast beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 to 5 cups fresh green beans
- 1 to 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- ½ to 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup prepared hickory barbeque sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cook breakfast beef until crisp in a heavy skillet. Remove the breakfast beef but dont drain the pan. Cool the breakfast beef on paper towels then crumble and set aside.
- Chop onion and sauté together with garlic in the drippings for about 3 minutes (they still should be crispy but starting to wilt).
- Lightly grease a 3-quart casserole dish. In the dish combine the green beans, breakfast beef, onions, garlic, season salt and barbeque sauce.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.