- From http://www.southerncooking.com
- You can use 2 (3×5-inch) pans and give each one as a gift.
- 1 (8 oz.) can unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 (14 oz.) package banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ⅓ cup Maraschino cherries
- ⅓ to ½ cup semi-sweet miniature chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons semi-sweet miniature chocolate chips, melted
- 4 teaspoons milk or soymilk (for pareve)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour bottom only of a 9x5-inch loaf pan.*
- Drain the crushed pineapple well and reserve liquid. Set pineapple aside
- Add water to reserved pineapple liquid to make 3/4 cup.
- Chop maraschino cherries and pecans; combine in bowl with the remaining bread ingredients.
- Stir 50 to 75 strokes with wooden spoon until mix is moistened
(Don’t over mix!).
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in a pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cool for 45 minutes or until completely cooled.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Stir until well blended and pour over loaf.
- Store in refrigerator and slice when chilled.
- * For gift-giving you can use (3×5 inch) pans and bake for 35-40 minutes.