This recipe has been in my Pesach files for over 10 years and it is one of my most requested breakfast treats.
- ½ cup oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, or more to taste
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup potato starch
- ¾ cup matzah cake meal
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⅓ cups mashed banana
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin tin with oil or line with muffin papers.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat oil with sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue beating. Add mashed bananas and combine well.
- Combine matzo cake meal, potato starch, cream of tartar, baking soda, and ground cinnamon. Add the chopped nuts and incorporate.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg-banana mixture, until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling them to the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the top is brown and a toothpick inserted in the center has moist crumbs.