Banana Chocolate Spring Rolls
Eileen Goltz |
Pareve or Dairy
- 2 medium bananas
- 8 (7½-inch-square) spring-roll (egg roll) wrappers
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 32 semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 teaspoons shredded sweetened coconut
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Confectioner's sugar and cocoa, for dusting
- Cut each banana in half lengthwise and halve each piece crosswise.
Work with 1 wrapper at a time; cover the rest with a damp paper towel:
- Lay 1 wrapper on a work surface and lightly brush the edge with beaten egg white. Place a banana quarter 2 inches from the bottom of the wrapper and top it with 4 to 6 chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of coconut. Fold the bottom edge over the filling and roll up 1 complete turn. Fold in the sides and continue rolling to form a tight cylinder. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2 inches of vegetable oil to 350°F. Add 2 spring rolls at a time and fry until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Dust the spring rolls with the sugar and cocoa and serve.