Puree the almond mixture ahead of time if you like, but wait until the last minute to cut and stuff the peaches, or they’ll turn brown.
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- 6 oz. almond paste (about ½ cup)
- 3 Tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons cold butter, cut into 8 pieces
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Put a rack on a baking sheet and then put the peaches on the rack, skin-side down.
- In a food processor, puree the almond paste, water, and lemon juice.
- Spoon the almond mixture into the centers of the peaches. Top each mound of almond paste with a piece of the butter.
- Bake in the lower third of the oven until the peaches are tender and the almond paste is golden brown, about 25 minutes.