- 1½ cups orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 ripe, firm bananas, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- ½ cup matzah meal
- 1 cup matzah farfel
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 stick margarine or butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice and vanilla. Set aside.
- Slice the bananas and arrange in a 9” X 13” baking dish.
- Combine matzo meal, farfel, brown sugar, nutmeg and salt. Cut in the margarine or butter and blend until it resembles a small crumble mixture.
- Drizzle bananas with orange juice/vanilla mixture.
- Spoon crumble mixture over fruit and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Great with vanilla yogurt.