This is very rich so a small servings is best. Very elegant as a starter for a special dinner.
- 2 large avocados
- 2 cups pareve chicken broth
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons dry white wine or brandy
- 2 Tablespoons cooking sherry
- Diced tomatoes
- Chopped red peppers
- Peel the avocados and dice the pulp.
- Puree the avocado pulp in blender with the pareve chicken broth.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gradually stir in whipping cream. Chill.
- Add sherry and wine or brandy right before serving.
- Garnish with the diced tomatoes, chives or chopped red peppers, or, if you really like things hot, a few chopped jalapeno peppers
If you want to make the soup with real chicken broth just substitute non dairy whipped topping for the whipping cream.
If you like you can use the avocado shells as serving dishes. Just keep them intact and set them in a bowl of ice and fill with soup.