This is very rich so a small servings is best. Very elegant as a starter for a special dinner.
- 2 large avocados
- 2 cups pareve chicken broth
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons dry white wine or brandy
- 2 Tablespoons cooking sherry
- Diced tomatoes
- Chopped red peppers
- Peel the avocados and dice the pulp. Puree the avocado pulp in blender with the pareve chicken broth. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gradually stir in whipping cream. Chill.
- Add sherry and wine or brandy right before serving.
- If you want to make the soup with real chicken broth just substitute non dairy whipped topping for the whipping cream.
- Garnish with the diced tomatoes, chives or chopped red peppers, or, if you really like things hot, a few chopped jalapeno peppers