Avocado, Chicken, and Rice Salad
Eileen Goltz |
- 3 cups wild and long grain rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 avocado
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup green onions, sliced thin
- 12 pitted black olives
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley
- ½ cup water chestnuts, sliced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Peel the avocado and slice it lengthwise into ½-inch-thick strips. Coat the avocado with lemon juice, and refrigerate it until it’s well chilled.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the green onions, water chestnuts, olives, chicken and rice. Toss gently just until mixed and then set it aside.
- In another bowl combine the vinegar, mustard, oil, sugar, and parsley. Whisk together vigorously until completely combined.
- Just before your are ready to serve add the avocado slices to the chicken and rice mixture.
- Pour the dressing over the rice mixture and toss gently to combine thoroughly.
- Place the salad in a serving bowl decorate the top with the cherry tomatoes and then sprinkled the top with the toasted almonds.