These exciting flavors complement seared or grilled fish fillets, or chicken.
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage (from about ½ large head)
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Oriental sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Stir sesame seeds in small dry skillet over medium heat until they become light golden, about 3 minutes. WATCH THEM CAREFULLY, they will burn. Set them aside.
- Combine the cabbage and green onions in large bowl. Pour the vinegar, peanut oil, ginger, sesame oil, and sugar over the top of the cabbage and toss the salad to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead). Cover and refrigerate.
- Toss the salad again just before serving and sprinkle the top with sesame seeds and serve.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled