Apricot Pecan Cookies
Eileen Goltz |
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup butter or margarine, cut into pats
- 6 Tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup finely chopped dried apricots
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a blender or food processor combine the flour, 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese. Process until the mixture forms a ball.
- Chill, wrapped in plastic wrap, for 15 minutes.
- Combine the brown sugar, egg, 1 tablespoon butter, vanilla and salt in a medium mixer bowl. Beat at medium-high speed until smooth.
- Stir in the apricots and pecans.
- Shape the dough into twenty-four 1” balls.
- Press the balls over the bottoms and up the sides of 24 greased muffin cups.
- Spoon the apricot mixture into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool in the muffin cups on a wire rack.