Eileen Goltz |
- 7 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1½ Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups diced apricots
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two large baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, sugar, sunflower seeds and cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil and honey over medium heat until just simmering. Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixture and thoroughly combine with your hands (careful it’s hot!) until everything is coated.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared trays. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to ensure even browning. Bake until golden brown.
- Stir in the apricots as soon as you remove the trays from the oven.
- Allow to cool completely on trays.