This is the perfect recipe to use up any leftover turkey or chicken.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet green pepper
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ lb. cooked turkey breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and finely chopped
- 6 pocket pita bread, warmed
- In a bowl combine the ½ cup mayonnaise and 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Mix well and cover and refrigerate.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, peppers, and 2 Tablespoons lemon juice and cook until tender-crisp.
- Stir in the turkey and apple; cook until turkey is heated through. Remove from heat.
- Fill each pita with some of mixture; drizzle with the mayonnaise/lemon juice mixture.