This chicken is incredibly easy to prepare. Boneless chicken breast seasoned with rosemary, thyme, and the subtle apple flavor of a Granny Smith or Mutsu makes a delicious dinner for chol hamoed.
- Passover cooking spray
- 3 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about ½ lb. each, halved
- ⅓ cup chopped onions
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 large Granny Smith or Mutsu apples, 8 ounces each, cut in half and cored
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut 6 circles of parchment paper 18 inches in diameter. Place on a work surface and lightly coat the top of each circle with cooking spray.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breast halves. Lay 1 piece of chicken on half of each parchment circle. Sprinkle the minced garlic over the chicken breasts.
- Thinly slice the unpeeled apples and arrange the slices over the chicken. Top each chicken breast with a sprig of rosemary and thyme (or sprinkle the dried over the top) and drizzle 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and 1 Tablespoon lemon juice over each breast.
- Fold over parchment and crimp the edges to seal. Place packets on a large baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, until packets are puffed and lightly browned. Place parchment packets on serving plates, break open, and serve immediately.