This chicken is incredibly easy to prepare. Boneless chicken breast seasoned with rosemary, thyme, and the subtle apple flavor of a Granny Smith or Mutsu makes a delicious dinner for chol hamoed.
- Passover cooking spray
- 3 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about ½ lb. each, halved
- ⅓ cup chopped onions
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 large Granny Smith or Mutsu apples, 8 ounces each, cut in half and cored
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut 6 circles of parchment paper 18 inches in diameter. Place on a work surface and lightly coat the top of each circle with cooking spray.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breast halves. Lay 1 piece of chicken on half of each parchment circle. Sprinkle the minced garlic over the chicken breasts.
- Thinly slice the unpeeled apples and arrange the slices over the chicken. Top each chicken breast with a sprig of rosemary and thyme (or sprinkle the dried over the top) and drizzle 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and 1 Tablespoon lemon juice over each breast.
- Fold over parchment and crimp the edges to seal. Place packets on a large baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, until packets are puffed and lightly browned. Place parchment packets on serving plates, break open, and serve immediately.
The parchment packets can be made up 8 hours in advance and stored in the refrigerator.