This recipe is kosher for Passover.
Apple Matzah Kugel
Eileen Goltz |
- 4 matzahs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 apples, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 8-inch square pan.
- Break matzahs in pieces, soak in water, and drain. Place the wet matzah in a large bowl.
- In another bowl combine the eggs, salt, honey, oil, cinnamon and apricots. Add the mixture to the matzah.
- Mix in the nuts, apples and raisins.
- Place the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes.