This is a healthy high fiber salad with a sweet honey mustard dressing.
*A Note Regarding Romaine Lettuce:
Cut off lettuce base; soak lettuce in cold water with several drops of concentrated unscented liquid detergent or vegetable wash; agitate leaves use a heavy stream of water to remove all foreign matter and soap from leaf surface or use a vegetable brush on both sides of the leaf; check several leaves from different areas under direct light.
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 Tablespoon diced onion
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon prepared mustard
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ head Romaine lettuce rinsed, dried and shredded
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, honey, mustard and lemon juice. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine the chickpeas, celery, onion, apple and chopped nuts.
- Combine the chickpea mixture with the lettuce and drizzle the dressing on top.
- Toss the salad so that the dressing coats everything and serve.