One of the easiest quick breads you can make. Kids love it and it makes a nice snack anytime of the day.
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl cream together the butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at time. Stir in the apples, cheese and nuts.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Gradually and gently stir the flour mixture into the apple mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake 1 hour.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.